A High-Energy, High-Impact Speaker
Finding the right speaker for your event can be difficult, frustrating, and overwhelming. If you pick the wrong speaker it can spell disaster for your event. But the right speaker can mean the difference between a mediocre event and a great one.
Selecting a speaker can feel like a dangerous game…
“I can honestly say that your motivational presentation ranked in the top ten as one of the best we have experienced at Calhoun.” - Dr. Kermit Carter, Dean of Student Affairs, Calhoun Community College
The goal of this page is to provide you with the information you need to make an informed and confident decision about hiring Angus for your next event. The links below will guide you to the sections of the page that are most relevant to you.
Should you have any questions, simply click on the “Request Additional Information” buttons located throughout this page to drop our team a quick note. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org to request additional information and a speaker packet.
Looking for something in particular? No problem! Use these links to take you right where you want to go:
• A Little About Angus Nelson
• What You Can Expect
• Most Requested Topics
• Videos & Video Clips
• Previous Engagements
• The Next Step
A Little About Angus Nelson
As a recognized speaker, Angus has had the honor of addressing audiences both around the country and from many different professions.
His speaking style is cutting-edge and every single performance is unique. Angus tailors each message to the audience and he brings an energetic and humorous delivery. His goal with each talk is to educate and entertain which he does by bringing unique perspectives, real-world experience, and a fresh style that inspires action.
“My principal, other staff, and I were equally impressed with your closing. A very powerful message.” Dennis Flathom, School to Career Coordinator, Mosinee School District
Angus believes in people. All people. From the top to the bottom of any organization, everyone is experiencing a personal life of challenge, tragedy, or failure. Those emotional issues will inevitably affect professional performance. As an team, we can’t afford to ignore real life for work life… we all need to adapt an understanding of GRACE. Grace in life, to one another, and to our workflow routine.
Two facts of life Angus learned from his dad:
1. Every family is dysfunctional, including yours.
2. Every person is jacked-up, including you.
These two facts level the playing field to the fact that there are no perfect people, however much we’ve been led to believe.
Every person, every where, goes through gritty stuff – ‘grit happens’! Therefore, we each need to learn how to give grace to one another… even ourselves. With witty delivery and gut-level truth, Angus guides clarity to the real-life, underlying issues of nearly all inter-personal conflicts.
Angus pulls no punches in communicating principles for an optimal life. With both a naturally gifted people skills and a well-developed emotional IQ, Angus equips people with tools for more effective organizations, more understanding relationships, and more powerful perceptions of themselves.
“You are your best asset to solving life’s problems.”
With a delivery more honest, transparent than any you’ll ever encounter, he brings a refreshing perspective to the knowledge that none of us are alone in our struggles with life, family, or even self. Angus communicates how all of us, imperfect people, can experience the grace necessary to life a powerful, authentic life.
If your event, team, or organization needs a shot of clever, frank, practical, and entertaining presentation, Angus is your man.
“Angus is a dynamic, passionate leader who inspires those around him to achieve greatness…” – Allison Gregg, Leadership Huntsville
What You Can Expect
A conference organizer once compared working with speakers to “herding cats.” That’s why we make the following promises to you about your experience working with Angus Nelson:
1. You will receive a message designed specifically for your audience and delivered with 100% effort and preparedness.
2. You can expect timely delivery of all needed materials including contracts, photographs, biography, speaking kits, A/V requirements, and anything else you need to successfully plan your event.
3. You will receive quick and professional replies to your phone calls and emails.
4. You will receive a one-on-one consultation with Angus prior to your event so he can fully understand your needs and that of your audience in preparing for the event.
5. You will receive active promotion of your event on his blog and social channels leading up to the event and during your event.
6. Angus will actively engage with your audience before, during, and after the event both in-person and online. (This assumes that your event and the travel arrangements allows for this.)
7. Angus loves audience Q&A and will include a Q&A session during the presentation to engage your audience and encourage dialogue. (This assumes your event and setup allows for questions from the audience.)
8. A post-event follow-up to ensure that Angus and our team fully met your expectations and those of your audience.
Ready to take the next step? Click the button below to find out more about hiring Angus for your next event.
Most Requested Topics
Every presentation given by Angus is customized to your individual needs. Considerations are made for your audience, team, age range, conference schedule, and much more.
Mental Momentum: How to Create an Attitude of Success
Strength in Weakness: transforming a Team through Open Dialogue
The Imperfect Quest for Perfection
Perfect Grace for Imperfect People
Missile Defense Agency
Modern Media Man Summit
Chamber of Commerce
Social Clubs: Optimists, Kiwanis, Rotary
Camps, Youth/College Groups, and Congregations
• Volunteer Citizen of the Year 2002, Wausau, WI
• Most Promising New Writer 2010, Mt. Hermon Writers Conference
• Teen Mania Ministries/Acquire the Fire Intern, Honor Academy Grad 1994
• Backstage Leadership Graduate 2010
• Huntsville Leadership Connect Class 9, 2009
• Currently represented by Creative Trust, Literary Agent – Kathryn Helmers
" Angus is an exceptional person with a true gift for engaging any audience. . . shares solid leadership ideas and philosophy in a captivating way. "
" Angus is a guy you need to listen too! I love his heart and his ability to connect with people on real issues. He is a man who wants to make a lasting impact on this world... "
David Childers Consulting
" I've never met anyone as dedicated to great leadership. His tireless passion for people and effort to constantly improve on his accomplishments, is an inspiration. "
Creative Director, Deux Life Creative
" I have worked with Angus in a variety of settings and have found his leadership, character, and ability to be of the highest caliber. "
Pastor Randall Jenkins
" I believe God has given Angus a very timely message for a broken and bound generation. The transparency of his life’s message will provoke others to inspect their own. "
Pastor Rusty Nelson
The Rock Family Worship Center
" I appreciated Angus challenging those assembled to get outside their comfort zone... his unique style of blending scripture, personal stories, humor, and frank conversation drew us into his message. "
Pastor Brad Cox
Twickenham Church of Christ
The Next Step
Angus’ schedule is filling up quickly so if you’re ready to take the next step and find out more about his availability for your event, click the button below and someone from our team will get back to you very quickly.